It was with this in mind that I headed out to visit friends yesterday morning. On the way to one of my friend's homes, I was astounded to see how many people were making their way to the mosque for morning prayer. As I looked down the street I saw a seemingly endless river of people...all flowing in one direction.


It was wonderful to spend time with friends on this day that is so important to them. We had our cookies and tea, but best of all, we had a great time together.
5 comments:
Reminds me of when me, Mary, and Tasha were in Shufshowen at the end of 'id al Ftur. Early in the morning I heard a crowd of men coming up the alley, 3 or 4 abreast, chanting "la illaha illa allah" over and over. No accompaniment; just their voices, on the way to the mosque. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.
Hi, Abdul Muhib!
Is "C" still for cookie, even in Arabic?
No. lol! H is for Helweh (anything sweet).
That's good enough for me.
Post a Comment