Our next stop was Manhattan, KS, the home of my mom's parents. They moved there from Iowa in 1966.
My grandpa always gives me a bear hug the first time he sees me. It's his trademark, and it isn't just any normal bear hug, mind you. It's like being in a vice grip. He's a retired veterinarian, and as such, he can tell some wild stories about cats, pythons, etc. Here's Grandpa holding onto the beard of a billy goat while David watches.
My grandpa always gives me a bear hug the first time he sees me. It's his trademark, and it isn't just any normal bear hug, mind you. It's like being in a vice grip. He's a retired veterinarian, and as such, he can tell some wild stories about cats, pythons, etc. Here's Grandpa holding onto the beard of a billy goat while David watches.
Grandma showered us with hospitality. I was amazed by how efficiently she put full course meals together. I wonder....,"will I ever be that fast?"
It was good to see my grandparents again.
9 comments:
the billy goat picture is wonderful. i bet grandpa could tell you all about billy goats
Road trips, goats...are you a blogging copycatter?
(Okay, I used your "Baby Got Book" in my blog, so maybe I'm a blogging copycatter.)
So, what happened to your map?
Dan, I wonder if Grandpa knows about goats that climb trees and help in producing argon oil. :) Probably. I can never eat argon oil without thinking about goats.
Hi, David! I didn't even notice that I'd copied you. That is pretty uncanny. It is an honor to be copied---thanks!
Abdul Muhib, my map (the idea of which I got from your blog) got ditched while I was experimenting with changing my template.
Great posts! I love that photo of Grandpa--he looks so happy and in his element!
Thanks, Michele. :)Happy is the word. You know, he actually did look at the goat's teeth, but it was obvious that he held onto that beard just for the sheer fun of it. :)
glad to see you are thoroughly enjoying your family time!
see you soon!
Post a Comment